Robert J. Nice
An Indiana native, Robert J. Nice has practiced law in Indiana for three decades. With a legal career that began in 1985, he focuses his practice in the areas of Real Estate; Small Business; Business Litigation; General Litigation; Legal Malpractice and Plaintiffs’ Personal Injury.
Following law school Robert Nice was employed as an associate with a large Indianapolis law firm for six years before establishing his own firm in 1992. Utilizing his undergraduate degree, he also worked as a pharmacist before becoming an attorney and on a part time basis for several years thereafter.
A PERSONAL NOTE FROM BOB NICE
“When I graduated from law school in 1985, I did what all of the graduates were told to do. I went to work for a big law firm. As a consequence, I spent my days in the library or alone in my office writing briefs and responding to motions. I never saw clients.
After six years, I’d had enough. I knew what to do; I just didn’t want to wait around for several years to have a chance to do it – so, I resigned and went off on my own.
Since our firm’s inception in 1992, we have focused on providing our clients with personal attention, whether in a courtroom or an office setting. I particularly enjoy working with investors and small business owners. As a real estate investor, as well as an attorney, I have started and managed several small businesses over the years and fully understand the sacrifices business owners make and the effort they put forward to keep their businesses in operation. It requires a great effort and can provide great satisfaction.
I invite you to call me personally to discuss how we can assist you in resolving the legal matters which you encounter in your life and in your business. We are here to help.”
BAR & COURT ADMISSIONS:
- Pennsylvania (Inactive)
- U.S. District Court, Southern and Northern Districts of Indiana
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- American Bar Association
- Indianapolis Bar Association
- Litigation Section
- Villanova University, J.D., 1985
- Moot Court Board
- ABA Sponsored Client Counseling Competition
- Executive Committee Member (2017-)
- National Champion 1985
- Purdue University, B.S., Pharmacy, 1982
- Phi Eta Sigma (National Honorary)
- Executive Committee Member (2017-)
- Vice President 1978
PUBLICATIONS, PRESENTATIONS AND RECOGNITIONS:
- Listed in Martindale-Hubbell’s Bar Register of Pre-Eminent Lawyers, Robert J. Nice is among the select lawyers who have earned the AV Peer Review Rating. An AV rating shows that a lawyer has reached the height of professional excellence and is recognized by other attorneys for the highest levels of skill and integrity.
- Author, Evictions and Landlord / Tenant Law In Indiana (2001 National Business Institute)
- Central Indiana Real Estate Investors Association (CIREIA)
- President (2008-2009)
- Vice President (2006-2007)
- Order of DeMolay
- Chapter Advisor, Indianapolis Chapter 1986-1989, 2001 – 2011
- Advisory Council Chairman 2011 – 2014
- Advisor of the Year (Indiana), 2007
- Active Legion of Honor, 2006
- Cross of Honor 2004
- Pi Kappa Alpha Home Association, Inc. (Purdue Chapter)
- President (2009 – 2015)
- Vice President (1997 – 2009)
- Sertoma International
- Downtown Indianapolis Club,
- Past President 1994
LIFE BEYOND BAR:
- Crooked Stick Golf Club 1998-2008
- Kokomo Country Club 2010 – 2015
- Wolf Run Golf Club 2017
- Free and Accepted Masons
- Winamac Lodge #262
- Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite, Valley of Indianapolis
- Murat Shrine
- Indianapolis Coin Club
- St. Luke’s United Methodist Church
I have used the Nice Law firm in Indianapolis for 10 plus years. The firm has always been responsive to my needs. They have also been forthright with the expense needed to solve any issues.Bill Johnson
INDIANAPOLIS LAWYERS AT YOUR SERVICE
Put our experience and expertise to work for you. We strive to provide you with outstanding service and to keep you in the loop during the entire process. Communication is a critical and important part of our process. Tell us how we can help.
Offices In Indianapolis/Carmel, Martinsville, Terre Haute, Kokomo, Lebanon & New Castle serving the state of Indiana.
Attorney Advertising. This site provides general content addressed to common issues. It is not legal advice, nor is it intended to be. Please consult an attorney for advice about your individual situation. You may contact us by electronic mail, letters, or phone calls. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Until an attorney-client relationship is established, please refrain from providing any confidential information.